Good Coping Patterns in Action: How to Beat Anxiety/Depression at its Game
Information Letter to Parents and Teens
Teen Anxiety/Depression Program – ages 13-17
This cost-effective 12 session (8 week) Anxiety Program is a scientifically evaluated, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy based program to help young people reduce their anxiety and related difficulties. It is a structured, skills-based program that empowers teens and parents to manage anxiety and reduce unhelpful thinking patterns.
It involves the participation of both teenagers and their parents and focuses on teaching clear, practical skills. Teens work on developing anxiety management strategies, while parents take a supportive role.
- Learning about emotions and anxiety
- Learning to think more realistically
- How parents can help
- Fighting fear by gradually facing fear
- Problem-solving and relationships
- Assertiveness and relationship skills
- Challenging unhelpful thinking patterns
What it includes:
- 16 hrs of group therapy for teens (weekly 2hr in person sessions for 8 weeks)
- 8 hrs of parent sessions (2hr virtual sessions week 1, 3, 6 and 8)
- That works out to 24 hours of therapy at only $50/hr!
How it works:
Teens are required to attend all weekly group sessions in person. Parents participate in online sessions the first week, two sessions in the middle and the final week of group to gain a better understanding of the way anxiety functions in families and how to interrupt the worry cycle with their teen.
- The teen group will run on Wednesday afternoons from 4:30-6:30pm starting April 27, 2022.
- Parent sessions will run online Saturday mornings from 10:00am-12:00pm (week 1, 3, 6 and 8).
Investment: $1200 per family for 24 hrs of group therapy (a savings of over 70%!).
Participants will receive an PDF invoice and payment receipt at week 4 and 8 which can be submitted to their insurance provider for reimbursement if plan coverage allows. Ask your provider if group therapy is covered and let them know it will be facilitated by a Registered Clinical Social Worker & Registered Social Worker.
|Session #||Teen Group Dates
4:30-6:30pm at Airdrie Office
| Parent Session Dates
|1||Wednesday April 27||Saturday April 30|
|2||Wednesday May 4||————-|
|3||Wednesday May 11||Saturday May 14|
|4||Wednesday May 18||————-|
|5||Wednesday May 25||————-|
|6||Wednesday June 1||Saturday June 4|
|7||Wednesday June 8||————-|
|8||Wednesday June 15||Saturday June 18|
How to register:
Email email@example.com or call 403-399- 7162 today to sign up!
**Please note consistent attendance by teenagers and parents is necessary as the skills learned are cumulative in nature. A minimum of one parent is required to participate. There is no additional cost for a second parent from the same household to attend.